The one story that matters most, straight to your inbox.
Single Story saves you from the never-ending news cycle, by emailing you the most-popular article from your preferred news source, every day (or week, if you prefer).
One article doesn’t sound like much, but because it’s the most-shared article there’s a good chance it’s the thing you most need to know. And then you can get on with your day.
Single Story supports over 30 news sources. You control whether you want to receive an article every day, once a week, or not at all (because we all need a break sometimes).
The entire project is open source, and free to use.
- Single Story is built using Laravel 5.5. It uses Blade for templating, and SASS for styling.
- News stories are retrieved from https://newsapi.org/ using a scheduled Laravel job. You can easily swap out news sources, as required.
- The code is formatted using PSR-2.
- The architecture follows the SOLID principles.
- A comprehensive test suite—both unit and integration—ensures everything runs as expected.
- You can review the entire codebase at https://github.com/monooso/news.singlestory.app
- Custom Laravel application development
- Integration with third-party APIs
- Password-less sign-in, built from scratch
- Scheduled generation of user-specific emails
Want results like these for your clients? Let’s talk.
Working to a tight deadline, Stephen delivered a robust and well-documented solution. His thorough reporting and transparent invoicing made the job of managing the project much easier.